Friday, May 25, 2012

I am a Childhood Cancer ADVOCATE

I am sitting here after today Biggest morning tea at the local shops, and well it is good to talk to others that understand wheat you have been through or are going through.

today I met a lovely mum who also knows about Wilms Tumors and Childhood cancer, and she also sadly lost her daughter to Wilms 20 years ago ♥ she was kind of worried about telling me this but I am glad she did she knows what we are going through but she is happy to see us on the other side with a survivor ♥

we swapped numbers as she lives close by and we may see each other at the shops occasionally

I will always stand strong about Childhood Cancer and felt bad last night as I said NO to the Deaf and Blind society for their raffles yes I also told them they do a great job and I know where the funding goes as we have been on the receiving end of a different charity ( Childhood Cancer) but I can not give to everyone when we ourselves are still getting back on track ♥  I have had to stand strong about this and now only support Childhood Cancer  things like CCIA, ( Childhood Cancer Institute of Australia ) we donate monthly to this one and the Clown Doctors we also donate monthly to this, I also get involved with Logan's Run events to support Working wonders ( think it has changed its name now though)

am signing up for the marathon ( Bridge to Brisbane in September and Hubby is going to see if we can get some of his work mates involved






No comments: