Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another visit from a great friend

Jon the Beast as Hubby calls his best Mate, was here for another Visit this month.

1. to see me and the Girls now Alex is doing so well ( he came up just after she finished Radiation last time so was in the middle of it all)

2. to spend time with Hubby :) as its a good release to him to get out with the boys once in a while :) they have been mates for some time now.

the visit was a little longer this time and it was great to see old friends, so far we have only had 2 from Adelaide visit us ( well 3 if you count a friend through Hubbies work here on course lol).

Friday:- we went to lunch at the RSL and also went to Alex's school, nothing big but its not about doing everything. we did play wii party (board game island) and Robyn won this from a little girls who says she never wins :)

Saturday:- we went out to Wivenhoe dam and checked out a couple of play grounds as well as Fernvale playground, then we bought Daddy his Fathers Day present a nice Webber BBQ  he has been asking for one for ages. the boys went out for some boy time that night while I stayed at home with the girls and played the wii again, Robyn actually went to sleep in her own bed without a fight one small step forward lol, but she is still coming into our bed at night I think because she wakes up needing the toilet, can not complain she is day and night dry 99% now :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Sunday:- we went to Queens park and then had Pizza for Fathers day, the girls gave both Daddy and Uncle Jon a card for fathers day and small gifts Daddy got to use his Webber BBQ for dinner too.  at queens park we went through the animal park then the Japanese gardens and last of all we went to the play ground til it started to rain.


Monday:- Alex had school this day so she went to school under protest :) both girls have loved having Uncle Jon here to annoy and talk to, we went to Robina down on the Gold Coast to catch up with one of Jon's Cousins, had lunch and a look around the shops. we got back just before school finished so took Alex out early then went out to ironbark wineries for Jon to grab a bottle of QLD wine to take home.

Tuesday (today) :- Uncle Jon went home to Adelaide an the girls were sad to see him go :( they have really enjoyed the time with him here, he left at 5am as his flight was at 6.30am so an early start, Alex had school and Robyn stayed with Me and Daddy as Daddy had this day of too.

tomorrow is scan day for Alex she has another Ultrasound and Xray then we see her oncologist and head back home to relax after scanxiety has passed :)

I also have scans on Thursday for my low iron issues that now need to be addressed so one good thing I have a healthy cancer survivor to keep me on my toes and her sister so iron levels up means more energy to keep up with them both :) as last Wednesday I tried to give blood at red cross but I found out I am anaemic so could not do this I have seen a Dr about this issue and I can try again in 6 months if all comes back good.

please pray we see stable nodes and the rest clear, she is doing so well I am positive all will be fine but scanxiety always sneaks up and takes over my chain of thought, this last month I have been busy with events and fun days that I have not really thought about it much but it is still there in the background..

I am blessed to see both my girls looking healthy and seeing them full of energy and I hold this tight  ♥♥♥

may we see that cure like Now as so sad to hear or read about another child or really an adult suffering this beast and losing the battle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great visit!

Will be thinking of you all for tomorrows scan and hoping for a stable result x