Monday, March 22, 2010

12 months ago today

this week last year I was stressed about Alex and a lump in her tummy plus her having constipation and tummy aches so was calling all Clinic's to get in.. Today 12 months ago I finally got Alex booked into see a Dr not the 21st, the 22nd but still was in and our lives changed forever. this week will be hard as All I keep thinking is what if I didn't pick it up or what if I let it ride etc, but I am a mother and worry over little things so wanted answers and well got then with-in 48 hrs as tomorrow would be 12 months from when the Dr said its a tumor Those dreaded words both Pete and I  felt the world stop :'( we had been given ultrasound papers with URGENT marked on them as it was a Sunday we had another few hrs to wait so Monday was the longest and hardest day in our lives 8am ultrasound on the 23rd March 2009 they called the Dr wanting to do CT scan this scared me to peaces and I stayed strong for the girls. they gave me the scans with NO Results and I was told to see my Dr again ASAP so we got straight in again and he just said Go to the Mater Hospital so I called Pete and he said go home I'll be there asap so I did which was a good thing as I got things for the girls we needed etc and street directory as I had no idea where anything was, then the long wait at one hospital to only be told we have to go to the Royal as they have the Oncology department, I with Robyn got home at 12 midnight and we where back in there at 7am as I so wanted to be with my big baby Girl...

It has been a hard and testing year for us all and we have had so many bad things happen but on the good note Alex has finally finished treatment and we are in maintenance mode so little steps forward for us as tomorrow is unknown to everyone, we just pray that she stays on the road to recovery, and she keeps growing into the strong special little girl we love and cherish


Alex and Robyn March 22nd 2009


Alex This last week March 2010















lets hope the next 12 months + are good with no relapses or serious illness's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will never forget this day, it is the day that your world came crashing down.

Alex has been thru so much in the past year and is such a strong and inspiriational girl.

I too hope the future is a better one for you all, than this past year.

Love to you all on such a difficult day.