Tuesday, March 9, 2010

update on us

well today I have kept Alex home under oncology advice as the school has had 3 confirmed cases of Whooping cough and the last was in her class she was happy to stay home though,, but in saying that I feel like an idiot keeping a well child home when so many say WHY she is not a baby or at High Risk??? we have 3 months before they will look at updating her immunizations so I can be over protective plus what if she gets very sick its hospital still for us

Tomorrow Alex will be having her photo taken with her Daddy for the QT  daddy will be in full dress uniform too, (RAAF) with the team that is doing the Relay for life (RAAF Team)  her story is to show that this can effect everyone at any age even a 4-5 yr old Child, I will be getting a few papers to send to family in South Australia, plus keeping one for our family scrap book and hope to get a scan or web photo to post here ♥

we had no rain today too first in a couple of weeks hehe my poor washing lol...
ok only a small update, I am still having stress issues and think I am losing my mind some days, just feel like crying and hiding away but both girls are also extra clingy to me no idea why either but every day I hug them close and am thankful for what we have,
I have also started to look at all the positive in this year so far it is
* no Chemo
* Alex has Hair
* No more blood tests unless she is sick still have port accessed every 6-8 weeks though
* Alex is at school and loving it
* I Finished my studies and got mostly {HD}
what we have to look forward to this year
* make a wish week on the Gold Coast Alex's dream time
* immunizations updated ( not a good thing but will give us peace of mind)
* port removal near the end of the year ( this is a good sign that the Dr is 100% happy with test results and no growth in Lymph Nodes(Tumors on aorta)
* actually celebrating everyone's Birthdays as we had no time or was busy last year with it all
* Camp Quality we will be trying to go at least once a year to something and hope to get to a camp just to get out and meet others in the same situation for the camps plus the girls get the kids camp, they offer special events through out the year so far only been to the circus,
* having Easter Fun as last year we got home from Hospital on the 1st April and Alex hated Chocolate by then :( she still don't eat much sweets but at least it will be a great weekend after the one last0 year still getting use to what we had been told

there is more but this is something I keep looking at and saying 2010 is our year to move forward

now that I have finished my studies I am going to get stuck into learning photography for myself and fitness for my health these are small goals it keeps me focused on other things to help me feel human some days stupid I know but that is my new life...

22nd March 2009  I took Alex to the Dr about  a lump after which we where told was a Liver Tumor by the Dr but after a ultrasound the next day 23rd March,  and them wanting to do a CT we knew it was not good we got told to go straight to the Brisbane Mater hospital and stayed in outpatient there til 8pm then went to RCH about 9pm and was admitted to Banksia at The Royal Children's Hospital Brisbane and started chemo 4 days later after surgery and biopsies know wonder I am losing it thinking about this month last year








My EB easter signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great positives to look forward to this year!

Unknown said...

yes something to focus on and forget the negative as its not good to dwell over it