Thursday, May 20, 2010

update from us

well this is just an update in between the Make a wish as I still have one more to do but been busy,
this last week Alex went to school on Monday and the did Rock climbing and Tuesday Robyn was a grump hitting me all the time then Wednesday Alex had a run at school and all was good we then went to Robyn's Child care to pick her up ( here Alex likes to have a small play too so this she did) I watched while talking to one of the Child care workers and then it happened Alex went down with a BIG BANG bumping her head and port of all things we put ice on her bump and I checked her port which was grazed but not to bad, she was very unsettled so I took the girls home where Al;ex layed on the lounge watching TV and complaining of a headache so I just watched her for awhile, she ate dinner and seamed fine then went to bed but the DVD in their room stopped working which went down well NOT!!! so I grabbed the portable so she could watch shrek and go to sleep, within minutes she was crying complaining on her headache being bad and that she can not sleep with it plus saying it will never go away we gave her panadol and then she layed on Mummies lap in the lounge while I tried to settle her with no luck

she started to throw up about 30 mins after panadol and well this set off alarm bells to me I called the After Hours Oncology dept and her Dr was sitting behind the Nurse while I spoke I was told as she had thrown up more that 2-3 times to take her straight into the Ipswich DEM at first I thought Pete could take me but then realised he had a few beers so called a good friend who came around and drove me and Alex to the DEM and waited with us to see what would happen,  she threw up a total of 9 times so they didnt keep us waiting around to long plus she was quiet and not my Normal Alexandria. the nurses did the Ob's and then the Dr checked her over he tried to wake her which was a battle but she did sort of respond so we waited some more then she was checked again with trying to wake her etc she responded better this time so we got to go home with her she may have a tummy bug but they think it could be a slight concussion too, they didnt want to do X Ray as its equal to 3 yrs in the sun Radiation and well I agree she has had enough  radiation with all the scans etc she has with the Hospital but as it is a children's it is slightly modified to deal with children being slightly less Risk.when we got home she said she was hungry so I was going to make her something but she decided she wanted to go to bed (IN MY BED WITH ME) so daddy lost his bed and Robyn slept in the big bed with mummy
no school today for Alex she still has a headache but is looking better so will let her rest up and see how she is tomorrow♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Alex has been unwell, hope she recovers soon xx