Monday, November 15, 2010

Chicken Pox

the weekend was here and Saturday I get a call that a friends daughter has caught Chicken pox through our school. Oh Not Happy when I am in and pout of the hospital with children with no immunities and really Need to Know ASAP... had some words with the school today and we have now draft up a letter for them to send out to parents to let us know  I didn't want the school community to know Alex was a fighter of this don't need their pity. but this is about the others we deal with at the hospital. Alex has also now been removed from the Camp Quality Christmas party :( due to the 10-21 day period for chicken pox to show up. I can not allow her to go when so many there are still battling this cancer fight. we have been added to the next one but that to could be removed due to my girls getting sick ARGH and with Christmas so close what next.


Lets hope we have a nice Christmas this year with no issues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So frustrating when people are inconsiderate! I can not stand it either. A letter sounds like a great idea to me.

Thankfully Violet's preschool know Violet's in/out the hospitalall the time and they have informed me all this year when kids have had flu/chicken pox etc and even told me how close in metres Violet has been in contact near them.

Such a shame Alex has to miss the party, but like you said such a risk with the kids that are attending, better to be safe.