Saturday, November 13, 2010

surgery done

Yesterday was one long day I took Alex to the hospital at 10 am we had to be there before 11am and she had to fast from 7am with clear fluids til 11am so she did well I decided to fast with her :)
Photobucket

11am we were taken to the day procedure ward to wait there were a few children in here waiting on different procedures and most worse than Alex this time, Alex was first on the list so I spoke to the Dr's about Alex's pre conditions and about what they wanted to do. they decided as she had never had gas before they may do the general through an IV so we got the magic cream on both wrists ready and then she was given the pre-op meds with in minutes she was slurring her words and laughing at mummy's 4 eyes lol.
one very Groggy Alex
one very groggy Alex ^
they bought the trolley for us to head down to surgery and then decided as she was so good to use the gas at this stage Alex was laughing at her hands hehe. so into the room we go and they give her the gas while I hold her hand and stroke her hair. almost asleep I give her a kiss and am lead out of the room while talking to another Dr. this is about 1pm by now so I go down for a coffee and something to eat while I wait for her to go back to her bed. I could not eat so went back to the room and watched TV waiting. Alex had a small complication with her airways but everything went well she was kept in recovery longer than normal for this reason so they could watch her. then she was bought back to the room and started to cry when she saw me ♥
Sleeping of the drugs after Surgery

Sleeping of the drugs ^
by 3pm Alex was back with me and she just slept the afternoon away.they took 3 teeth the one with the abscess and the one next to it as it to was infected, the third was her wobbly tooth at the front as it was on its way out, Alex got 2 crowns ( these are metal and silver hehe) also 1 filling.  At 5pm there was only 2 families in the Day ward left and we were the last to leave waiting for Alex to wake up fully and eat etc. I got out just after 6pm and we headed home
eating jelly ♥


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the dental surgery went well.