Sunday, July 11, 2010

the little things we overlook in life

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things....Inspirational Quotes by (Antonio Smith).



well we are home and Alex has improved heaps she is eating and tummy pains have gone I am so happy that we caught the infection when we did but still feel like a fool by bringing it up as people keep telling me we are out of the woods ( they do not understand the stress and thought pattern of a cancer mum), the Dr's did everything due to her history and so far all is looking good we now have bloods to be done at the CT date and hope the levels are back to normal and she is on the road to recovery, they think we caught the urinary tract infection early and this can be bad for anyone if left untreated but even worse for a person with one kidney, I yes feel bad for dragging her through it all but her health is my first importance, I am still new to all this as its 16 months since she was diagnosed and we are almost at 8 month post treatment woohoo.



Miss Robyn is doing great too Toilet training is slow but I must say she has had good days plus last night she slept in her own bed ALL NIGHT ♥



we are enjoying the small things, last night Alex was on the toilet and she takes her pants off and leaves them on the floor when she finished she was getting dressed and trying to put her pants ( long Jammies) on by the leg bottom I cracked up laughing and she joined in with me I felt so happy and told her she was being silly and her reply was "No mum you are silly" and she giggled again


I am so proud of her ( well Both my girls) Alex is taking her oral meds without an issue this not even 12 months ago was a big issue for us but now she just takes it and moves on
 
also I have been watching a miracle at work with a young boy Connor who lives in South Africa, I follow his mums page on CB (CaringBridge)            
    Connors Page
end of last month his family had decided to go home on Hospice care and as Neuroblastoma had spread through his bone marrow and there were no further treatment options
they went in this last week just for scans and blood counts so Dr did Bone marrow biopsy and would you believe it that its all clear, this is truly a miracle in the making and I pray this family keep moving forward with this battle ( Gods will be done ♥)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Alex is feeling so much better.